Trail work in the Pueblo region
When trails are built, communities follow.
It's our collective responsibility to care for and promote the trails in the Pueblo region. That means putting in hours of labor as well as building strong relationships between different management agencies and interests. Southern Colorado Trail Builders organizes trail maintenance days, education events and other advocacy events, as well as maintains this website. Be part of a positive future on the Southern Colorado Trail Builders! Support Lake Pueblo State Park by parking in legal areas. Buy a state parks pass. Join us on a ride or a trail day sometime.
Want to get involved? Click here to contact us.
We'll give you a free high-five.
- Building a strong relationship with Colorado Parks & Wildlife and the Bureau of Reclamation, and signing a federal Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) focused on the Lake Pueblo Trails (this is the first step is getting our trails fully legitimized!)
- MTB101, MTB201, Trail Run 101, and other education classes to get new users out and enjoying the trails safely
- Bike rack giveaways with Saris racks to help people get their bikes to the trails...in one piece
- Weed trimming and brush clearing on established trails at Lake Pueblo State Park
- Building a partnership and subsequently developing an MOU with the Mountain Park Environmental Center (MPEC) and City of Pueblo to assist in trail maintenance as well as construct a new trail connecting MPEC to the Squirrel Creek trail and historic Davenport campground